Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wild Turkeys

Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world. A wild turkey world anyway. This rafter of turkeys was the last thing I expected to see when I opened my front door. I actually let out a guffaw when I caught sight of them! We had a turkey perched on either side of the porch railing, and a few more were scattered all around. Sammy was just as surprised and impressed as I. Also impressive was the enormous amount of excrement they left behind. Whoowee! My guess is that they had been roosting on our porch for quite some time. Well, they are welcome any day. I hope they return again soon!

Below is the link to the My Life as a Turkey documentary I watched on PBS this fall. Brings new appreciation to the life of a wild turkey.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/my-life-as-a-turkey/full-episode/7378/















No comments:

Post a Comment