Tuesday, February 22, 2011

St. Valentine's Day

Finally, I am back online with my fancy new laptop (many thanks to dear hubby for replacing the laptop I destroyed!) and again logging photos and tidbits about the family. It seems like so much time has passed, but really it was less than two months.

We had a fun Valentine's season this year, particularly with the preparations. I always have the kids pick out our homemade designs and we spend a lot of time putting them together. We go to such lengths almost entirely because of the anniversary of Lucy's successful open-heart surgery, three years ago almost to the day. It helps me to remember what we all went through as a family and that we are grateful for Lucy and her strong heart.


The girls enjoyed Valentine's parties on the actual day, and Sammy's was a little later that week at Mommy & Me class. Meanwhile, Paul and I went sans kids for a delicious dinner out the night before Valentine's Day, courtesy of our new playgroup babysitting co-op.


Lucy made her Valentine's entirely on her own from start to finish this year. I was so impressed!


You Rule!


Sammy pretty much ran around during Valentine's making time. He loved the dinosaurs, of course. Even managed to rip a few off the hearts. Such a good helper!




Annabel signed all her own hearts and pasted the lollipops to the hearts. I was impressed with her determination to do so much this year!







Annabel is ready for her Valentine's party at preschool.


Sammy had fun at his Mommy & Me Valentine's party. We made that placemat with our very own handprints.


Mommy & me.









No comments:

Post a Comment