Friday, May 7, 2010

Overheard at Our House

Time for another installment of Overheard at Our House. Some of these are a little dated because I write them down on scraps of paper when I hear them and they tend to get a little scattered. Now that I've gathered them up, here goes!


Annabel regarding her meal: "Mama, are there herbs in this?" Not sure when herbs became undesirable (or if she even knows what herbs are) but they are and she always asks.


Me: "Let's go! Chop, chop!"
Annabel: "Hey! That's what a beaver says! Chop, chop!"


Lucy of Sammy's recent talking streak: " He says everything but kitchen sink!"


"Mommy, when we don't make any 'peeps,' then it's really quiet." Annabel on a quiet ride to preschool one morning.


Not too long ago Lucy spent 10 minutes trying to convince Annabel that Annabel was the master for one of their pretend games. Annabel wasn't really responding. Lucy wandered into the kitchen, and I said, "You do know that the master is the person in charge, right?" So she asked me, "Then who is the person who works for the master?" I replied, "The servent." Lucy spun around and said to Annabel, "You are the servent!"

No comments:

Post a Comment